1 cup whole almonds
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs (room temperature)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon pure almond extract
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
Preheat oven to 350°
• In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients
(flour, baking powder, salt and sugars).
• In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add olive oil, extracts, and zest.
• Add flour mixture to egg mixture; until just incorporated.
• Fold in chopped almonds
• Use a large serving spoon to scoop out the dough and place it on
the parchment lined cookie sheet. Add another scoop adjacent to
the batter on the cookie sheet and keep going until two logs are
formed. With damp fingers, shape into a log shape.
• Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown in color
and firm. Allow to cool slightly for about 10 minutes.
• Remove from baking sheet and transfer to cutting board.
• Using a serrated knife, slice at an angle about 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick.
• Place slices back on the baking sheets, and return them to the oven
for about another 15 - 20 minutes (the longer they stay in the oven,
the crispier they get). Turn them over at the half way mark.
• Place on a wire rack to cool.
• Top with your Ciao Bella gelato of choice!